Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are pervasive in the treatment of common pain syndromes. Common NSAIDs include Motrin, ibuprofen, Aleve, and Celebrex.
NSAID have significant and dangerous side effects:
- Infertility in males has been linked to a hormonal imbalance caused by ibuprofen.
- NSAIDs may result in defective cartilage production by stem cells, therefore, preventing healing.
- The risk of strokes, GI bleeds, and heart attacks are very real with the use of NSAIDs and are required by the FDA to be printed right on the label.
- There’s no truly safe NSAID dosage as one study concluded that with just one week of NSAID use, there’s a 50% increase in heart attack risk.
- Kidney damage, especially in athletes and other active people who rely on ibuprofen, has also been found in those who load up on NSAIDs before and after big events (e.g., marathons).
- NSAIDs for arthritis pain and inflammation may be advancing your arthritis damage, increasing the risk of future a total knee replacement.
As leaders in regenerative medicine, Centeno-Schultz Clinic acknowledges the dangerous side effects of NSAIDs and doesn’t use them as this would place our patients in harm’s way.
We acknowledge that pain can be debilitating and take your competitive edge away. Rather then medicate patients with narcotics or NSAIDs, we spend 60 minutes during a new-patient evaluation, where we review radiographic studies and perform thorough physical examinations. We then employ a SANS approach to give our patients the best clinical outcome. We utilize bone marrow-derived stem cells and different concentrations of platelet rich plasma (PRP) customized in our lab for each patient. These biologics are then injected under direct visualization.with ultrasound and/or fluoroscopy.
Bottom line: Rather than medicate with dangerous medications, have the underlying problems identified and treated with biologics under direct visualization. This is the Centeno-Schultz Clinic standard.